- Before installing the air conditioner or before turning on the central air make sure the air conditioner unit is clear of any debris and that the filters are replaced or cleaned.
- Inspect caulking around windows and doors. Then fix any caulking that has split or cracked.
- Remember where the wall felt really cold in the winter. Now is the time to see if insulation can be added.
- Inspect your roof to make sure there are no loose shingles and that the seams around the chimney and vents don't show any signs of rot.
- Empty and clean your gutters. Also make any repairs to loose down spouts.
- Go through your junk drawers and storage and get rid of old electronics. That old monitor is better off being recycled. How many old cell phones do you keep?
- Properly dispose of old paints and stains using your town's hazardous waste disposal services. If you do need to use a paint or stain to do some touch ups, purchase no or low VOC paints and stains.
- Reduce the load in your closets: send any clothes you no longer wear to Good Will. While you are at it look at how else you can reduce the contents of you house or apartment. Nothing like a good spring clean out to keep the load to a minimum.
Man, I better get started on this list myself...